What Insurance Do You Need To Be a Courier?

Jul 31, 2020
Share to Google Plus

Couriers deliver all types of goods as part of their job, this could include transporting parcels from A to B, helping to deliver important medical supplies or supplying supermarkets or warehouses with much larger goods.

Of course there are risks to this type of work and nobody wants to pay out high insurance premiums, so specialist insurance is required as a multi drop courier. It is a legal requirement to have the correct insurance in place to make sure you don’t put yourself and other road users at risk.

Other courier types can include takeaway delivery drivers, taxi drivers and haulage which may need to opt for a different insurance altogether. To make sure you have the right insurance for your business why not go to an insurance specialist who will tailor your insurance around you so you don’t need to worry about not getting the right level of cover.

Different Types of Courier Insurance

If you are a relatively small courier business with 5 or less vehicles you will need to seek insurance for each vehicle individually, however, if you have more than 5 vehicles you may get a better deal by looking for van and fleet insurance in Holyhead which will cover multiple vehicles.

Courier Insurance policies can be combined and introduce extras such as breakdown cover and protected no claims discount. To make sure you get the most out of your policy make sure you know exactly what you need/want and your insurance specialist can help you with the rest!

Insurance quotes will depend on your specific business, vehicle information, diver history and experience, the goods you work with as well as the areas that you are looking to cover.

Posted by | Categories: Cheshire, Manchester, North Wales, Services |

Share with others

No Responses so far | Have Your Say!

Comments are closed.