Llandudno Junction is famously known for its railway station which opened on 1 October 1858. The town grew up around this train station. This station is a junction between the Crewe-Holyhead line and the Llandudno Blaenau Ffestiniog line. There are thorough trains from Manchester to Llandudno, but passengers travelling from London or Cardiff to Llandudno normally have to change trains in Llandudno Junction. This station sits on the North wales coast line and has direct links to Deganwy, Llandudno, Colwyn bay, Abergele and Pensam.
At the start of season 1999-2000 Llandudno Junction FC took to the field in a senior competitive match for the first time in over 45 years. A Llandudno Junction team existed until 1954, and the Junction and Conwy borough from Conwy decided to merge. Unfortunately not a great deal is known of the history. Records show that Llandudno Junction first entered the North Wales coast league division one in 1910 and duly finished fourth.
There is also the ruins of Deganwy castle and there two small hills left behind to show it's location. This castle would have been over 1000 years old but has been demolished. The castle was rebuilt in stone for King Henry III of England, but was abandoned and finally destroyed by Llywelyn ap Gruffudd, Prince of Wales in 1263.